Bereavement Support South Worcestershire provides an opportunity for children, adolescents and families to share their feelings and develop strategies for managing their bereavement.
We can support children and adolescents on their own or as part of a group. Parents and guardians may wish to access individual support or advice on supporting a bereaved child. This is encouraged before we can embark upon support with the child or children.
This service is provided free of charge to any Child, Adolescent or Family who:
- Have experienced a sudden or traumatic death of a close family member or friend within the last five years
- Require support in their grief only*
- Parents/Carer’s are willing to engage with their grief to further support their child/children
- Are registered with a GP Surgery in the South Worcestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (see southworcsccg.nhs.uk to see if your GP is a member)
*We are able to provide bereavement support to families where other issues, apart from grief are present, as long as other support (e.g. Family Support Worker) is in place.
Professionals working with bereaved children and families can contact the Child and Family support practitioner for support and guidance in their work.
The Service is not able to offer support to individuals who have complex Mental Health issues.
For support and information with helping children and young people please call 01905 760934
- Bereavement Support for Children, Young People and Families in Redditch and Bromsgrove Leaflet
- Bereavement Support for Children, Young People and Families in South Worcestershire Leaflet
Worcestershire Library Information Books for bereaved children (0-11).
Worcestershire Library Information Books for young people.
Worcestershire Library Information Books for Adults who work with Bereaved Families